#Neuromas are inflammation of the nerve in between the metatarsals.
- Burning at the bottom of the foot near the toes
- Feeling of a rolled up sock in the toe space
- Numbness between the 2nd and 3rd, or 3rd and 4th or 2nd to the 4th
- Steroid injection
- 4% alcohol and / or sarapin injections to deaden the nerve
- physical therapy: nerve stimulation / ultrasound / range of motion
- metatarsal cookies / padding
- Shockwave therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation (burning of nerve)
- platelet rich plasma
- stem cell injection
- Surgery to remove nerve
- NOT recommended as first line of treatment, with complication rates up and above 50%, can be worse than the neuroma pain initially.
- Stump neuromas or total regrowth can happen with more pain and now scar tissue